Why I write Multiple Genres under One Pen Name

 


I have a lot of ideas in my head. A lot is probably saying it mildly. And I like the ideas. I don't have to turn down an idea by writing in multiple genres. I love that. But why do I write under one pen name?



Let's break it down.

Fantasy = pen name
Romance = pen name
Science Fiction = pen name
Thriller = pen name
Women's Fiction = pen name
2 books that are non-fiction = pen name
Horror = pen name

And I'm not even finished yet. I named off 7 genres already which would be 7 pen names. How would one person keep all of that straight? Yes, Fantasy and Science Fiction could be under one combined. And Thriller and Horror could be under one. That's still a lot to keep straight. That's a lot of websites to create for those pen names. Not to mention, all of the social networking times how many pen names I would have. If I did all of that, plus my job, I wouldn't have any time for my writing. I would rather spend the work on my writing, making my stories great for my readers.

The rules say one author can't write in multiple genres. But yet, I've seen famous authors do it. Do they use one pen name? No. Could they, if they wanted to? I don't understand why not. Yes, the audiences will be different. That's why you focus on one book at a time, market the book one at a time, unless it's a series--then put them in a bundle when you need to.

I do understand it's harder. Do I want to run away for that reason? No. I've survived being bullied. I've survived being homeless. I've survived being pushed away by my family. I am a survivor. As long as I'm being read, I don't care how hard it gets. I am a survivor. I've been judged my whole life. I am a survivor. I've been kicked while down. I am a survivor. I was built for this. So, why do I write under one pen name? Because it is who I am and it's what I do. Because I am a survivor.
#pennames #indiewriters #writingcommunity #indiebooks #itswhatido #itswhoiam




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Changes, Updated Website

The next book, coming this fall

Hello! Happy Day to you!!