New Changes, Updated Website

 


I have many new changes to report. I have fully updated my website. The link is above. This is a screenshot of the top of the homepage. The top section will be changed when I am closer to releasing each new book when I have pre-orders available. So that's pretty cool. I have added a few new things to the site. I decided to check out other authors' pages and was inspired by one of my favorite authors, Stephen King. Of course, I don't have nearly as many books as he does so my pages are different but the ideas for design and some of the information were inspired by what was on his site. For instance, I now have FAQ information on my site. I will be adding to it as time permits. It can be found on the "about" page. His page was separate and the cool feature that he had on his page (dropdown) answers to the questions couldn't be repeated on my page. Still trying to figure that part out lol. I liked the area where he had a mini-menu for some of the pages so I did my own version of that. It is cool when you're looking for something specific and don't have to scroll through the whole page looking for it. Saves time which I know is important to you.


Starting in the October 1 issue for my newsletters, I will also be having sections. I have made banners to divide those sections with labels. I have many and more may be added. I won't have them all in each issue because then the newsletter would be too long lol. I will go back and forth between them and some of the sections will be in all of the newsletters. Let me show you and break them down.



When I have interviews to share from other authors, this banner will be heading that section. I never know when an author will be answering the questions I ask so this is a limited time. I am always open to sharing information about other authors because I support Indie Authors. I may not have the finances to read all of their books so this is how I show my support, as well as sharing links to their books. 


Sometimes, I will share the "behind the scenes" with my writing. I've heard that many people are interested in how a book was born, so this is that moment where I share how mine were born, how I came up with the characters, the process I use to go from A to Z. Things like that. I enjoy sharing my moments because people are interested. Some people are anyway lol.



I don't share my blog on my newsletter very often but I have in the past, so I decided to share it more often. Beginning in October, I will be sharing different things in my blogs that will be more interesting. Each blog entry will be different but they will be more interesting topics. Things people can relate to with my own twist. I can only be me so I'll share my thoughts and opinions on those topics. Writing is one area. I may include other things like clothing, food, etc. I will never share politics simply because there are too many opinions on that topic and I don't want to cause an argument among the readers. You're too important to me.



On the first of every month, I share tips on writing, editing, marketing, or cover design. It's never the same. I really am just sharing what I've been learning and what works for me. This is going to be something that's different for all writers. I know what it's like to learn on your own and not know what needs to be learned for that reason. This is my way of helping those who don't have someone to help them. We are not alone. If I am able to help someone, it would be totally awesome.



As long as there are books, I will recommend the ones I feel you would like. I may be wrong a time or two, but I'm trying. These books will always be written by Indie Authors. As much as I love Stephen King, I will never share his books because he doesn't need help selling one book. His name alone does that lol. These authors may be unheard of and deserve a chance to be seen and read, just as much as I do. There's plenty of room on a bookshelf for all of our books. And if by chance, I am right, you could find your new favorite author or book among the list. So this is a section that will be in each issue.



This is also something that will probably be in all of my issues because I am always writing or editing. This way, you can keep up with what I'm doing in my writing world. I will only share writing or editing updates in this section. My personal updates will be mentioned in my Final Word section or at the top, depending on the update. Things like new baby is born, etc. That won't happen until March when my newest grandchild is due lol.

That's what I have for now. I hope you enjoyed this issue and I look forward to the next one. What will it be about? Who knows, with me lol. See you then!!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The next book, coming this fall

Hello! Happy Day to you!!